Monday, November 14, 2011

Holiday Basket

This sturdy red and white plastic bag took a lot of work and too many HEB bags. It took one bag to complete four loops and the bag is 47 inches around, 9.5 inches high and 18 inches across.

This was lots of fun too rather than being angry for bringing home yet another plastic bag I would place it in line to complete this heavy duty basket. I have been working on this basket since mid June because I refuse to pick up a bundle of bags to complete the project. I use cotton bags for my daily shopping and rarely need a bag. However my bi monthly shopping usually sends me home with plastic bags I confess.

I wanted to show off the strength of the bags which is why we use them and why they are horrible. They break down but they do not go away. Please look at PBS forum to find out how this problem affects us all. The food chain is at stake here. Plastic frankly should be banned but at the very least make sure you are recycling what you use. Ask suppliers of products you purchase to use alternatives. BE THE CHANGE.

No comments: